Supermom meets Inspector Gadget

Sometimes you feel like you need the powers of Super Woman with the abilities of Inspector Gadget...cuz in the real world...Spit Happens!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Not So Fast Food!

After a loooooooooooooooooo*breath*oooooooooooooooong day :), you know...the one full of non-stop working, entertaining, cooking, cleaning, laundry, singing, bouncing, dancing backwards in high heels while juggling a million things (one of which is a baby) you don't have enough fingers or toes..let alone arms and legs to accomplish everything life throws at you.(yes I know,longest.sentence.ever.) After the go-go-go you just want to sit down and enjoy a hot meal.(if you are like me, this means cook it, clean the kitchen, help get your husband And child situated, then back to the kitchen to make a plate) I can already see that smirk, so scratch the hot and replace it with maybe sorta kinda still warm. You nuke your food (don't worry, it's gonna get fun here in a sec) go sit down and BAM! It's like your child is Haley Joel Osmond (yes, I'm referring to that kid who sees dead people in 6th sense) and KNOWS you have food, so they start to fuss, but not just any fuss...like a loud thunderstorm meets running over the family dog and bubble guppies was cancelled, plus she feels like she may have found the bubble guppies living inside her intestines and WANTS THEM OUT....kinda crying (sorry, lil intense I know)...So you set your stuff down and soothe her. By the time she is calm, you go nuke your now sub zero food yet again...guess what?!? Ding ding ding- round two! Lather, rinse, repeat! Here we go again. (I could keep going, but I imagine you get the point!) :)How do they know?!?! It's crazy!! All I want to do is enjoy dinner with my husband while it's hot. Is that too much to ask?!? Bottom line is this: your clothes don't fit, you lose all your hair (or it sure feels like it) and cold becomes the new hot. Whats next?!?(wait a sec...pretend I didn't just ask that!) Besides, who invented this hot and cold business...and why did they decide hot food needed to exist?!? Okay okay, maybe thats a bit extreme but It makes things more difficult (I [used to] love my food piping hot) now I enjoy it cold or re-re-re-reheated (and no, I do not stutter :) ) Here's my solution: Someone needs to create a microwave that reheats food without losing moisture or overcooking it. Then Moms everywhere could enjoy a long overdue HOT meal! First one to create one gets a sticker or a cookie (I just might even re-re-re-reheat it for ya! ;) ) Just food for thought. (yeeeep, couldn't help myself...pun intended!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment