Supermom meets Inspector Gadget

Sometimes you feel like you need the powers of Super Woman with the abilities of Inspector Gadget...cuz in the real world...Spit Happens!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

All the early bird gets...is sleep deprivation!

We all remember those Pre-kids/responsibility/obligation days...you know, the ones where you can stay up until 2am, go to sleep with your makeup on, then get up 5 hours later, drink a redbull and do it all over again?(looking like a million bucks, because 2 hours on hair and makeup is totally necessary!) Now, I stay up until12:30, wake up at 6, roll outta bed with spit up, behead, bags under my eyes and the patience of a two year old! If you were a fly on my wall, I might be mistaken for a zombie (minus the bath salt addiction and face eating of course). Getting older is hard! I don't have the time to spend doing my hair and makeup the way I used to... And even if i dress up, thats when they get you good with the spit up (or if you've done your hair and its down/in the line if fire...it's inevitable)! It's even harder when you have friends who don't understand what it's like to have to Go-go-go all the time, and how your priority now does not exist in the bottom of a shiny metal can with blue mountains, but in the smiley face looking up at you. (and I'm not talking about anyone in particular, I'm just watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager) I have NO idea how mothers to young children can go party all the time, or have SO much energy (and I'm sure you are thinking of certain people right now...it's okay, there's no judgement here.) :) heck, I made it to12:45 and was looking for my trophy on the back of my eyelids (yes, that was indeed a cheesy reference to dozing off). What happened is this...about the time responsibility entered stage left, partying exited stage right. I don't feel the need to drink to get naked wasted face, or get belligerently drunk..why?!? Because when it's all said and done, that adorable little face you've come to know and love that just melts your heart a million degrees into Sunday- will not only be needing you, but you can bet your bottom dollar that is the day they will wake up earlier than they normally do, be crankier than they've ever been, or talk louder than they've ever talked! With this said- I'm operating on 5 hours of sleep due to"attempting" to play beer pong and "a-hole" with a group of friends last night. I was never drunk, or even buzzing. Let's just say I spent more time with my fellow new mommy, Tori and our little girls playing slumber party (they obviously did not get the memo you sleep at the same time at them) than playing with our friends and husbands. The best realization?!?! You can be a mommy WITH party pants. They just might be a little bigger and a helluva lot more flexible....cuz spit happens!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment