Supermom meets Inspector Gadget

Sometimes you feel like you need the powers of Super Woman with the abilities of Inspector Gadget...cuz in the real world...Spit Happens!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The inconvenience of convenience stores

With as lazy as people have become nowadays (I'm not excluding myself here) you would think all convenient stores would offer a drive thru! I mean, think about it...you can get fast food, sodas, coffee, doughnuts and prescriptions through a drive thru, why not go just a liiiiiiiiitttle bit further and offer things sold at gas stations and convenient stores through a drive-thru. I know they exist, but it should be standard!!! I don't know about anyone else, but having a kid makes you think twice about evvvvvverything! Do I really want that QT coffee and a snickers bar? Hmmm...balancing hot coffee, doughnuts, a snickers bar, cheetoes, soda, doughnut holes (you KNOW just as well as I do the convenient store is the same as the grocery store or Walmart...you always come out with more than you went in for!) gum, juice AND all while carrying a kid! Yeah...Im not a circus performer...I don't have a red nose, or a beard, and juggling is definitely not something I do well (clean up on aisle 5!) it gets even more interesting with me getting beer for the guys. The other day I stopped to get beer for my husband and his friend. In my head I thought, if only it was legal to leave her in the car (...before you start judging, I have remote start and I would lock my car!) :) we all know the world is full of crazies, and they ruin the simple life for everyone!!! I haul in my 30lbs of baby (16lbs plus the carseat) go get two 12 packs and stand at the back of the line (all men btw) who proceed to not only look at me but no one and I mean noooooo ooonnnnnne offers to let me go ahead of them. Instead the gentleman in front of me looks at me and asks: "long day?"(insinuating I needed a day of drunken debauchery based on my arm[not just hand]fulls) :) now those who know me (or my husband) knows we live for opportunities like this....so I respond with a big smile on my face: "Nope, she told me she was thirsty!" He looked at me like I was serious. SMH :) when did people lose their sense of humor when other people come back with quick witted responses.(I may be a girl and blonde...well kind of...but I'll give it right back, sir!) I followed it up with letting the guy know I was the beer run person. I remarked about how I was the nice wife lugging everything, so he should be thankful. The guy simply agreed and then turned back around. Psssshhhhh, mmmkay...What ever happened to chivalry?! Bottom line is, having a small child (although it keeps my gas station food addiction at bay and shopping minimized) makes me want to write QT a well worded letter to suggest an option that could change our lives as moms as we know it!!! (and anybody who didn't feel like walking into the gas station) If you can go to school, go shopping and get food, all while in your pajamas...why not beer and candy bars?!? (and energy drinks too) Food for thought. (yep, you guessed right... pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment