Supermom meets Inspector Gadget

Sometimes you feel like you need the powers of Super Woman with the abilities of Inspector Gadget...cuz in the real world...Spit Happens!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Mosquit-oh-no!

I find myself wondering why some things exist in this world. (Bad breath, spleens, Nap-free work days) What is the point? Last night I found myself wondering: what is the flipping point to mosquitoes? IS there really an upside to them? C'mon- the are tiny little blood sucking pests whose necessity to feed, makes people red, itchy and annoyed!!!! Spiders, as much as I LOATHE them, eat things like flies. So, I think twice before taking my old navy flip flop from my closet and ending their reign of terror (yeah...you heard me, reign.of. terror) OH, I think I forgot to mention, I do nooooot do bugs :) I sometimes feel like they go out of their way to taunt me...as if they are saying "we are here and when you go to sleep we will find you..we know where you sleep!" okay okay okay, that may border a TAD on the dramatic side, but you get my point! Now that we have that out of the way, we can move forward....get excited! :) Let's face it, when you have been bogged down with 100+ heat...we will even say 90+ heat, and you live in a place where farming is a way of life for some, Luke Bryan says it best: "Rain is a good thing." It is "My kind of party" (I know I know, country artist overkill, but I just couldn't pass up plugging 2 of my favorites) when the rain cools things off and gives crops that million dollar gulp they have been longing for... HOWEVER, I think those nasty little insects are party crashers, because BOY they sure show up uninvited every time. Then (as most moms can attest to) you are left with the inner struggle to cover your child as best as possible (even if you feel like you are creating a wittle bitty baby sauna), or to try and fend off mosquitoes with your cat-like speedy reflexes. I tell you what.. I covered my princess up last night and the ONLY body part out was her sweet little face (I am not biased at all) and one hand, which was up by her sweet little face. Now I like to think I channel a super stealth ninja when it comes to protecting my daughter, but have learned that perhaps that ninja may just be a middle aged woman :) (Yuck! I think I just threw up a little in my mouth even typing that realization about myself..middle aged....SMH!) I leave our friends house simply thinking my daughter had laid down on my zipper from my jacket since she had some red marks on her face and felt pretty bad- I'm not gonna lie. . I get her home to give her a bath, and of course she doesn't care- she's just happy, eating her hands and yelling at herself (yep...yelling, she has not only found her voice, but located the volume button and is testing those bad boy lungs out!) but I notice those few red spots, are still there. UGH! mosquito bites...on her face and hand. Not to mention I have about 36753652 bites(as my Memaw says: "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times....don't exaggerate!") on my arms and hands. So not only am I red and itchy, but it looks like I have some sort of flesh eating disease that I have contracted and given my poor 3 month old daughter. Good thing kids are resilient. She is unscathed and smiley as ever, and in that moment she melts my heart and I forget about EVIL MOSQUITOES. So...someone, anyone...what is it they contribute to our planet that makes them worthy of existing? This question is lost on me...So mosquitoes, consider this your warning. If you mess with my daughter again, using her face as your own personalized snack platter, be pre"pair"ed to meet my flip flops! (pun intended) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment