Supermom meets Inspector Gadget

Sometimes you feel like you need the powers of Super Woman with the abilities of Inspector Gadget...cuz in the real world...Spit Happens!

Monday, February 4, 2013

RSV...no Please

So you always hear about babies getting sick. Perhaps even going to the hospital and you think to yourself (Ha, that will NEVER be me, i clean my hands and my kids hands and the floor and the carpet and the air...you get where Im going with the, yes? ok..moving on) We ALL know getting sick in inevitable. It is going to happen sooner or later. Thankfully i kept H at bay when she got sick. She started off with just a little cold, that had a yucky cough. Then the cough turned into more coughing fits. I tried everything (in this case, I used everything AND the kitchen sink--ya know, steam bath and a towel, im not a crazy) Cool mist humidifier, steam baths, cold air while bundled up, ibuprofen, she already takes zyrtec, vicks on the feet, a vaposteam pad in her humidifier, nasal aspirator with saline 82376418726538 times a day (i know, excessive...where doooooes that snot come from?!?) At this point, she also had a yeast diaper rash, that seems to never want to go away. You ever get to feeling like you are spent? Like you try everything you possibly can, and you just cant seem to nip it in the bud? That has been me! (hence the no posting- or it could just be that I dont like you....wait...a blog is inanimate... ay yi yi) anyways, so we went to the doctor. Harper got fluconozole (since lotrimin just wasnt kicking it) and then we got to figure out what the culprit was. We figured out it had to be something she was eating. Let me tell you, this child has just cut her 8th tooth, and would eat a steak if youd let her! I kid you not, she is legitimately jealous of the food we eat. (its like we are holding out on her if we dont share.) So how can we resist? well...the classic yeast rash butt will do the trick!poor girl, come to find out, we think its sugar related. We have noticed that if she has a lot of sugar, it rears its ugly head. Another thing is she still is breast fed, so if i drink bear- the alcohol is metabolized but the hops, barley etc, can cause excess yeast, which can overload her system. Know what that means? Guess I will be switching to hard liquor or wine!(what? i give up milk, ice cream, and most cheese, i love beer, but i love my daughter more...i also love my adult bevs...dont judge!) Once we got the butt prob under control, thats when the cough/cold came. Of course mother nature is bipolar, and im guessing forgot to take her meds, because this all started when the weather carried on roller coaster style.  Her cough started on a Tuesday night, by Saturday it was super yucky (my best friend is a nurse and ssaid it just sounded like a wet cough from a cold) ON Monday I took her in because i could hear a little rattling/wheezing, and i knew pneumonia is something to be concerned with. Come to find out it was RSV- however, he said day 5 is typically the worst and all my crazy things I did helped! She was more than likely exposed at Little gym the Thursday prior and it has an incubation of 4-6 days (why it showed up Tues). Once the symptoms show- they arent contagious after 3-7 days... the cough can linger though. SO basically we found out she had it on the last day she would have been contagious.HA! I got to call my best friend whos daughter is 2 months older, and the boys H plays with 2 days a week. None of them ended up with anything! wohoo!! So I am thinking she must have only been "contagious" until Friday. She had her 9 mos check up today and everything was good. She is a happy, healthy, ridiculously crazy 9 mos old little girl, with places to go. Thank goodness my encounter wasnt so horrible. I know I am lucky. I need to throw a party! No RSV Please....its not necessary. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment