Supermom meets Inspector Gadget

Sometimes you feel like you need the powers of Super Woman with the abilities of Inspector Gadget...cuz in the real world...Spit Happens!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wiggles and giggles

So...I know it's been awhile, and NO it's not because I've become famous for my outrageous witty rants and have decided to create a best-seller ;) (one could wish though, right?!?) the truth is...Brad and I are new homeowners! We close on our first home in less than 2 weeks. So, needless to say, we have been packing away....And leeeeet me tell you what, There's nothing harder than having to get an entire house packed up (since my husband travels for 95% of his job) while trying to keep a 5 month old, going on 2 year old, busy! She has been sitting since before she was 5 mos, but now does it all the time. In fact, I don't know how that sweet baby doesn't have a dang six pack! She practically does V sit-ups (for those of you who are trying to picture this- legs are straight out and raised off the ground, as is your head and shoulders....you're trying it right now, aren't you?!? ;) ) She is determined to go from laying to sitting up!!! She'll lean backwards over her boppy (my auto correct keeps trying to change that word to nippy! Ha it's MY nippy and she can't lean backwards over THAT) her head Will be touching the ground and then she's back up and leaning over sideways touching everything in her path! I use the boppy because I'm paranoid! she will face plant every so often when she's really trying to get something out of reach (we all do this, metaphorically or in my case more times than not..literally) :)
I know we discussed that lovely "wandering hand" when she nurses. It has now found my face. The newest place...UP my nose! (Don't worry, I told her about picking her friends and picking her nose, but not picking her friends nose....and the same applies to moms!!)
She talks non stop. Loves politics- she was glued for over 5 minutes to the vice presidential debate. She laughed at them too. Not sure whether it was Biden's teeth or Ryan's nose, but something was awfully funny to her! She does a fake cough and it will lead into a laugh. caugh? Lough? Its TOO cute.
We have almost conquered rolling from back to belly ( the girl loves cardboard and paper...Christmas just got a looooot cheaper :) ) those incentivize her. Sophie the giraffe (who the hell thought of using a squeaky toy as a teething aid?!? I bet they're sitting nice and comfy chillin somewhere laughing at all of us moms with their $20 dog toy marketed for babies!) she loves it though. Anything that makes noise including my mouth! I'm sure people think I'm insane or belong on the american idol out takes (you know the ones you watch, and laugh at..yeah, those!) she just loves music and when people talk to her. She'll talk back too (she doesn't want to be rude and let's not forget she's a girl...what girl doesn't like to talk?) I remember getting in trouble for it in grade school on a regular basis (once I hit 5th grade, it was putting on Chapstick too often..I guess my teacher felt soft lips didn't take precedence over algebra...she clearly didn't appreciate beauty!) Harper appreciates beauty though... she loves her bows (I just wish they didn't leave indentions!) She doesn't pull them out. She loves her color coordinated pacifiers (no i don't call it a passy, binky, nuk, or whatever else they can be called. They are just plain ole soothie pacifiers.) She chews on them like crazy (hello teething!) She is just learning and growing a mile a minute. The best thing is she studies every move I make for longer periods of time (I wish I was that patient...when someone tries to teach me something, I'm over it a minute later.) she will watch when I wave to her in a mirror and move her fingers like she's trying to figure it out. I know every mom says it, but I have the cutest lil 5 month old little girl, I swear!!! Even though I have to resort to ridiculous tactics to make her smile...her wiggles and giggles make it worth it!!! :) I will look crazy (willingly) any day, just to see that gummy little toothless (hopefully not for long) grin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment